These are the SCAMS that have been reported by our JFAMC members. JFAMC will do due diligence to determine that these are actual scams. Since some of these scams may involve ACTUAL and legitimate companies that are not at fault, we’ll do our best to make that known. JFAMC nor OAMC, LLC nor any affiliates are not responsible for inaccuracies or harm that may result from posting scam information.
IS IT LEGIT or IS IT A SCAM??
HOW can you tell if a job offer is real?
HOW can you tell if a company is GLOBAL (located in various foreign countries) or NATIONAL (primarily located inside the USA)?
MOST of the Coding Companies we allow on the JOBS for American Medical Coders groups are USA-Based!
Occasionally, we find out that some are not!
HOW can you KNOW for sure? — NOTHING is 100% certain, but below are a few ‘indications’ of which to be aware!
- IF the email/brochure contains MULTIPLE MIS-SPELLINGS … it’s likely to be a GLOBAL company.
- IF a recruiter calls you, and the conversation is very difficult to understand due to ‘broken English’ or ‘heavy foreign accents’ – it might be a ‘red flag’! Many times, their ‘arrogance’ and their ‘persistence’ is a give-away, as well!
- IF there is a website available, LOOK at the website! See who the principles are that administer the company’s operations. Read the ‘ABOUT’ portion of their website.
- LOOK at the locations. If there are multiple GLOBAL locations and one single, solitary US location…it might be a ‘red-flag’!
- NEVER give your personal information in the first few interactions with a company. (SSN/banking/checking/etc.) BEST to wait until you have an OFFER, hopefully, in writing, before you give out ‘personal information’!
- Sending YOU a check to cash – for equipment or software or whatever is a HUGE Red Flag!
- WATCH recruiters who specifically list the city/state in U.S.; then you go through them and they place you with an offshore company though you think you’re working for a US based company because your working billing/coding for a US practice/facility..and you might be completely unaware that the company you are really working is overseas.
We have created The JFAMC BUSINESS DIRECTORY to try and assist us in keeping track of Coding Companies, Facilities, Clinics, Schools, etc. http://codingadvisory.com/business-directory/
We are providing this so YOU, the CODER, can rate/review and decide for yourselves which companies you would or would not like to be employed. Our very own, Medical Coding/Billing/Transcription focused version of GLASSDOOR, if you will!
FOR CODERS — BY CODERS!
This only works if you participate! We need you, to register, log in, and give feedback on the companies. IF there are companies you would like to see added, there is an option where you can add a company … OR, if you send me the Name of the company and the website for that company, I will do my best to get it added.
To ACCESS The JFAMC Business Directory…
LOOK for the company!
Do you have a SCAM WARNING that you’d like to share with us and others? Please use the contact form below.