JOB HUNTING and INTERVIEW TIPS
JOB HUNTING & INTERVIEW TIPS
Have/create a PROFESSIONAL e-mail address for your resume and job applications.
(firstname.lastname@example.org) is INFINITELY BETTER THAN——-
—– (email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org)
Have your Resume — Current and Up-Dated.
A.) List your Credentials in a PROMINENT place. (some recruiters have suggested you include your Cert#… (‘your call’)
B.) List the ‘type’ of coding you do…recruiters may pass over a good qualified candidate, if they can’t quickly determine the kind of coding experience you have! If they need an ED coder, they most likely will not want someone with only Podiatry experience.
– John Q. Public, MD…Family Practice Clinic coder/biller(2000—2004) –E&M, office procedures
– P. D. Childs, MD…Pediatrics(2004—2009) E&M….Procedures….ED visits….Hospital Charges
– Bones ‘n Joints Orthopedics(2009—2012)–E&M—Offc.Procedures—Surgeries,Hospital & ER visits/Procedures
– Nippers & Tuckers—Plastic Surgeons (2012—2015)—Surgical Procedures
C.) Having your Resume file clearly labeled…..
(EX: SuzieCoderCPC_medical_coder_Resume_01.16) ……..will facilitate/ease the life of the Hiring Manager and/or Recruiter…when they’re searching through hundreds of resumes.
D.) Grammar—Spelling—Punctuation—Proofreading………COUNT! …….. These are IMPORTANT!!!!
E.) PUNCTUALITY!!! (It’s a ‘GOOD THING’!)
F.) SMILE! Even on a telephone interview …. SMILE! It changes the ‘tone’ of your voice!
G.) LOOK YOUR BEST!
- Conservative/Appropriate BUSINESS ATTIRE with Minimal Jewelry
- Subdued Makeup
- Mild or No Perfume
H.) TURN YOUR PHONE OFF!