Employment Tips From Around the Web
From Project Resume‘s Annie Barnaby:
“When I began the Project Resume, I was a medical coding hiring manager and recruiter reviewing resumes from so many coders who had endless potential. Unfortunately, that potential was impeded by resumes with poor grammar and spelling mistakes, and worse.
It became clear that there was little guidance available to medical coders regarding career development and professionalism. I set out to fix that so I began Project Resume. Contact me, let me see how I can help you at an affordable price you can live with.”
Job Search Sites
Best Job Search Sites Based on In-Depth Reviews – From Consumers Advocate
Hiring: An Insider’s View – From Jobs for American Medical Coders
Job Search Links – From JFAMC’s Coding Advisory (Membership required)
Some Remote Employers – From Jobs for American Medical Coders
- If You Have Impostor Syndrome, Join the Club November 23, 2021Impostor Syndrome is destructive because everyone who suffers from it thinks they are unique in feeling the way they do, and that everyone else is more carefree and confident. I wrote this article to show how common Impostor Syndrome is. Impostor Syndrome is a description (originally called Impostor Phenomenon) first identified by Dr.… Read more... […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- How to Prepare for an Interview – Checklist October 4, 2021Many people feel unsure about how to prepare for an interview. It’s helpful to follow a checklist of actions to take, so here is one you can use. __ Clarify with the employer the format of the interview (in person, video, or phone).… Read more... “How to Prepare for an Interview – Checklist” The post […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Job Search Coaching Success Stories April 19, 2021I appreciate job search coaching success stories because for many people, a job search is frustrating and demoralizing. During a job search, everything can change for the better after one conversation or connection, so a big part of job search coaching is encouraging job seekers not to give up.… Read more... “Job Search Coaching Success […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- How to Evaluate a Company Culture March 5, 2021One of the biggest disappointments for new hires is to feel the excitement of starting a new job slowly devolve into frustration as they realize that much of what they promised in the recruitment process about the company culture is not accurate.… Read more... “How to Evaluate a Company Culture” The post How to Evaluate […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Tech Skills In Demand in Austin, TX January 24, 2021In 2020, CompTIA named Austin the hottest tech town in the U.S., so I asked some industry experts to tell me the top tech skills in demand in Austin, TX. Anjela Mangrum, founder and president of Mangrum Career Solutions said, “2020 has been a year of transformation, and it has indeed sped up the adaptation […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Dallas Recruiters and Employment Agencies January 17, 2021I am not a recruiter, but I publish this list of Dallas recruiters and employment agencies as a convenience to visitors to this site. Inclusion here is not a recommendation. Please do your own research before working with one of these firms.… Read more... “Dallas Recruiters and Employment Agencies” The post Dallas Recruiters and Employment […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Move Beyond Either-Or Thinking December 27, 2020When our minds and bodies experience stress, we can easily fall into a pattern of viewing our options as overly simplified “either-or” choices that are ultimately limiting and unsatisfying. You can tell that a choice is overly narrow if instead of feeling focused and relieved by deciding, you feel agitated, constricted, deprived, and/or unhappier.… Read […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- COVID-19 Series: Advice from Executive Recruiters July 23, 2020I asked executive recruiters and employers for their advice about how executives should job search during a pandemic. I asked each of them… What should executive job seekers do to attract your attention when there are so many unemployed executives? Do you rule out job seekers who have been unemployed for a specific amount of […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Career Change Success Story: From Wildlife Biologist to Content Writer June 3, 2020Today’s career change success story features Lindsay VanSomeren. Lindsay is a wildlife biologist who did a career pivot into freelance content writing. I think you’ll be inspired by her. Lindsay, can you tell us about your earlier career and how you launched your new career focus?… Read more... “Career Change Success Story: From Wildlife Biologist […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- COVID-19 Series: Resources to Find Help April 2, 2020COVID-19 is threatening our physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Here are resources to find help: Affordable Therapy – Resources collected by Fast Company. American Psychiatric Association – Resources for mental health. Career Sherpa’s COVID-19 Influenced Resources Job Postings & Candidate Lists – Resources for anyone whose employment was affected by COVID-19.… Read more... “COVID-19 Series: […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Recruiter Job of the Day: Recruiting Manager for HelloFresh January 14, 2022Looking for a new recruiting gig? Recruiter.com's career community has you covered. HelloFresh, the leading meal-kit subscription company, is looking for an experienced Recruiting Manager to join their NYC-based team. This role will oversee a recruitment team of four to six people and full-cycle recruiting efforts for their growth and brand ...
- Recruiter Job Roundup – January 14 January 14, 2022Looking for a job change? Check out our career community exclusively for recruiters. With hundreds of exciting opportunities, you're guaranteed to find roles that fit your area of expertise. Whether you're looking for something remote or across the globe, we've got you covered. Twice a week, we'll be updating this list with different types of recruiting […]
- 7 Strategies to Be a Successful Recruiter January 14, 2022According to some research, there is a 90% recruiter turnover rate within the first year. If you're a recruiter who wants to do the best in their position, there are some strategies you'll need to use to do a great job. Keep reading to discover seven strategies that you can implement ...
- Recruiter Job of the Day: Sr. Manager, Recruiting Operations & Enablement for HyperScience January 14, 2022Looking for a new recruiting job? HyperScience, a unique enterprise data automation platform, is looking for a Sr. Manager, Recruiting Operations Enablement, to join their growing team. The position is based in NYC / remote. In this role, you will help HyperScience's global talent acquisition team improve programs and services while increasing operations efficiency, mapping and […]
- Interviewing? 9 Tips to Translate Your Qualifications From Your Resume January 14, 2022Welcome to Recruiter QA, where we pose employment-related questions to the experts and share their answers! Today's Question: Even when a candidate is more than qualified on paper, they may not do well at impressing during an interview. What advice would you give them for better translating that qualification during their interview?
- How to Use Real-World Consumer Insights to Successfully Advertise Job Openings January 14, 2022As job openings hit a record high, employers face the challenge of finding qualified workers to fill their open roles during the time of the "Great Resignation." It's clear that the job advertising techniques that worked to attract candidates before the pandemic no ...