Employment Tips From Around the Web
From Project Resume‘s Annie Barnaby:
“When I began the Project Resume, I was a medical coding hiring manager and recruiter reviewing resumes from so many coders who had endless potential. Unfortunately, that potential was impeded by resumes with poor grammar and spelling mistakes, and worse.
It became clear that there was little guidance available to medical coders regarding career development and professionalism. I set out to fix that so I began Project Resume. Contact me, let me see how I can help you at an affordable price you can live with.”
Job Search Sites
Best Job Search Sites Based on In-Depth Reviews – From Consumers Advocate
Hiring: An Insider’s View – From Jobs for American Medical Coders
Job Search Links – From JFAMC’s Coding Advisory (Membership required)
Some Remote Employers – From Jobs for American Medical Coders
- Career Change for Adjunct Professors May 12, 2022American education relies on adjunct professors who teach in university and community college classrooms on a contract basis. The trend toward shifting teaching loads to an adjunct workforce is speeding up, with 75% of college classroom instructors now working in a non-tenure track position.… Read more... “Career Change for Adjunct Professors” The post Career Change […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- E-Coaching FAQ March 11, 2022What is e-coaching for my career? E-coaching for your career is coaching via email to get help with any of the career-related areas in which I have expertise. In general, if the topic is related to choosing, changing, or advancing your career, I can probably help.… Read more... “E-Coaching FAQ” The post E-Coaching FAQ appeared […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- If You Have Impostor Syndrome, Join the Club November 23, 2021Impostor Syndrome is destructive because everyone who suffers from it thinks they are unique in feeling the way they do, and that everyone else is more carefree and confident. I wrote this article to show how common Impostor Syndrome is. Impostor Syndrome is a description (originally called Impostor Phenomenon) first identified by Dr.… Read more... […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- How to Prepare for an Interview – Checklist October 4, 2021Many people feel unsure about how to prepare for an interview. It’s helpful to follow a checklist of actions to take, so here is one you can use. __ Clarify with the employer the format of the interview (in person, video, or phone).… Read more... “How to Prepare for an Interview – Checklist” The post […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Job Search Coaching Success Stories April 19, 2021I appreciate job search coaching success stories because for many people, a job search is frustrating and demoralizing. During a job search, everything can change for the better after one conversation or connection, so a big part of job search coaching is encouraging job seekers not to give up.… Read more... “Job Search Coaching Success […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- How to Evaluate a Company Culture March 5, 2021One of the biggest disappointments for new hires is to feel the excitement of starting a new job slowly devolve into frustration as they realize that much of what they promised in the recruitment process about the company culture is not accurate.… Read more... “How to Evaluate a Company Culture” The post How to Evaluate […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Tech Skills In Demand in Austin, TX January 24, 2021In 2020, CompTIA named Austin the hottest tech town in the U.S., so I asked some industry experts to tell me the top tech skills in demand in Austin, TX. Anjela Mangrum, founder and president of Mangrum Career Solutions said, “2020 has been a year of transformation, and it has indeed sped up the adaptation […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Dallas Recruiters and Employment Agencies January 17, 2021I am not a recruiter, but I publish this list of Dallas recruiters and employment agencies as a convenience to visitors to this site. Inclusion here is not a recommendation. Please do your own research before working with one of these firms.… Read more... “Dallas Recruiters and Employment Agencies” The post Dallas Recruiters and Employment […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- Move Beyond Either-Or Thinking December 27, 2020When our minds and bodies experience stress, we can easily fall into a pattern of viewing our options as overly simplified “either-or” choices that are ultimately limiting and unsatisfying. You can tell that a choice is overly narrow if instead of feeling focused and relieved by deciding, you feel agitated, constricted, deprived, and/or unhappier.… Read […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- COVID-19 Series: Advice from Executive Recruiters July 23, 2020I asked executive recruiters and employers for their advice about how executives should job search during a pandemic. I asked each of them… What should executive job seekers do to attract your attention when there are so many unemployed executives? Do you rule out job seekers who have been unemployed for a specific amount of […]Janet Scarborough Civitelli, Ph.D.
- 10 Extraordinary Tips on Social Recruiting That Will Take You Ahead of Your Competitors in 2022 May 19, 2022In the past decade, recruiting has changed drastically, with companies finding new and innovative ways to bring in new talent. Thanks to social media, recruiters can now instantly connect with passive and active candidates. 49% of HR recruiters say that their organization plans to invest more ...
- 7 Features Every Company Should Look For in Recruiting Software May 19, 2022According to some research, 98% of Fortune 500 companies use recruiting software. When many companies are struggling to recruit talent, using software to find qualified candidates could be the answer to your company's recruitment problems. But if you're going to invest in recruiting software, you ...
- Recruiter Job of the Day: Senior Design Recruiter, Cash App May 18, 2022The recruiter job market is popping off! Square, a financial services and digital payments company, is looking for a Senior Design Recruiter for Cash App in NYC. In this role, you will lead recruitment efforts to identify uniquely accomplished, creative individuals to help guide Square forward. You will be responsible for building strategies to engage and […]
- HR Perspectives: Employee Retention Essentials for 2022 May 18, 2022Where must organizations focus their attention and priorities to boost employee retention in 2022 and beyond? As we look at today's evolving labor and business landscape, several employee practices need to be addressed to stop the hemorrhaging of talent. While turnover is not a new problem, the pandemic and The Great Resignation
- Recruiter Jobs Roundup – May 18 May 18, 2022Our career community features jobs all over the world. Recruiter.com has a career community exclusively for recruiters. With hundreds of exciting opportunities, you're guaranteed to find roles that fit your area of expertise. Whether you're looking for something remote or across the globe, we've got you covered. Twice a week, we'll be updating this list […]
- Recruiter Job of the Day: Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition for Girls Who Code May 18, 2022New jobs from our career community daily. Girls Who Code is a national nonprofit organization that aims to support and increase the number of women in computer science by providing young women with the necessary computing skills to pursue modern-day opportunities. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition to help find, attract, and […]